Day by Day Blogging is turning into a profession. But people, especially newbies often fail to make their blog a big thing and lead to failure. Here I present to you “5 Things You should keep in mind before starting a new blog” I am sure that if you keep these 5 things in mind, your chances of succeeding will boost.
1) Choosing the Right Niche : The very first thing before starting a blog is to choose a good niche. A good niche means a niche which interests you and you can write about it without getting bored. If you choose the wrong niche for your blog then you may end up being tired and finally giving up. Choosing the wrong niche is one of the most common problems faced by newbies.
2) Which Niche to Choose then? : Well, Now the thing is that which Niche to select then? Some of the most profitable niches are Relationship, Health and Finance. These 3 niches are the most successful niches and you can end up being really rich if You try your luck here and do it the right way. Relationship is the very first preference when choosing a niche. Many Emerging bloggers such as Siraj Wahid have listed relationship as the most successful niche. None of the Niches are even close to the profit made by Relationship niche. But still if none of the niches above meet your interests than it’d be better to choose the one you’re passionate about.
3) Stuck to the Particular Niche : The third thing you’ve to keep in mind before starting your blog that Multi Niche Blogs don’t succeed often. I know they do but the chances are very rare and you have to post more often than usual. So, It’d be better if you choose a particular category instead of going for wide varieties. You have to limit your blog and when later on you succeed, You can add on more varieties.
4) Deep Keyword Research : Once you chose the niche, domain and when you’re done with the design of your blog, The thing that is left and which will shape your blog is the Content. The Golden rule for a blogger to succeed is Quality over Quantity. As mentioned by Siraj Wahid in Why a Newbie Fails to Generate Traffic from Social Media Marketing? Every task in blogging requires perfection but newbie bloggers at start of their blogging journey mostly miss quality, they miss quality in their content which directly hits the quality of their social updates. If you are not able to write an outstanding article then how you are supposed to post quality updates? I know that quality in content develops with practice but always strive to post quality updates. Post less but always go for quality. So, You need to do Regular Keyword Research and check out What’s really going on? And what readers want from you.
5) Post less but Be Regular : Its often seen that newbies are way too excited when they start a blog and post too much due to that excitement for some days. But it doesn’t last longer. Due to excess of posting they are unable to do marketing and getting visitors and get tired very soon. As mentioned in the 4th point Always choose Quality over Quantity, No matter how much time it takes. If you are posting meaningless content so often it won’t be doing any benefit so far. So, Always go for quality content and stay active and regular.
Make sure you keep the above things in mind before starting a new blog. You need to get a really good start before getting into the real thing. Hope this helps!